Edible Landscapes Workshop
Texas Edible Landscapes, in coordination with Permaculture Education, LLC. is proud to announce it’s first ever workshop, being co-hosted with international permaculture teacher and designer, David Dornbrack.
This will be the first in a series of workshops where we will be designing a community food forest! The workshops will be hosted on the site of the upcoming food forest! We will be designing, building, planting, maintaining and harvesting the exact food forest system where we are hosting these workshops.
Come, learn and hang out and make friends with like-minded individuals who also want to learn how to grow their own organic, nutrient dense food with minimal effort and maintenance!
Be aware, we are limiting this groundbreaking event to only 30 participants and then we are giving priority reservations on future events to our founding participants.
- 10 minutes getting to know each other and why everyone is there – including an explanation for us about why we are running the workshops.
10 minutes for Permaculture Principles
10 minutes explaining Scale of Permanence
15 minutes exhibiting your designs to them explaining how you came up with what you did
15 minutes teaching about climate – about our broad climate type and trends and also about our local climate and its benefits as well as difficulties.
15 minutes teaching about earthworks (surveying, swales, net and pan, ponds, hugelkultur
- Learn about and build A-Frame Levels
- Learn about and build water levels.
- Learn about contour and why we use it.
- Survey and mark areas for vehicular access.
- Use different levels to find contour.
- Survey and mark areas for ponds and swales
- Mark contour for swales we’ll be installing in the next class.
- Determine placement for different elements like banana circles, chickens, hugelkultur, etc.
30 minutes discussion of what we learned today, questions and answers, feedback explaining the permaculture principles of Holmgren and working what we did today into the principles.
10 minutes discussing the details of the next workshop and what we will be doing at that time.
5 minutes for dismissal and goodbyes.
This is going to be an incredible event packed with loads of instructional content as well as hands-on activities so that you’ll walk away with the knowledge of how to get started on your own project!
If you have any questions, please send an email to Josh@txediblelandscapes and I’ll get back with you ASAP. Thanks!